At times, your Beats Solo 3 headphones may fail to turn on, which can be quite frustrating. This article will guide you on how to troubleshoot and fix beats solo 3 not turning on.
How To Fix Beats Solo 3 Headphones Not Turning On:
1. Check the Battery Level:
Before anything else, ensure that your headphones have enough battery charge. Connect the headphones to a power source using a USB cable and charge them for about an hour.
Once they are fully charged, disconnect them from the power source and attempt to turn them on again.
If the battery is not working try replacing the battery
2. Reset Your Beats Solo 3 Headphones
If your headphones still fail to turn on, you may need to reset them. Follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the volume down button for about 10 seconds
- When the Fuel Gauge flashes, release the buttons.
- Wait for a few seconds and then try turning on the headphones again.
3. Update Your Headphones' Firmware:
An outdated firmware can cause your Beats Solo 3 headphones to malfunction. Follow the steps below to update the firmware:
- Download the latest firmware through beats app for your headphones from the Beats website.
- Connect your headphones to your mobile using a USB cable.
- Open the Beats Updater app on your mobile.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.
4. Button malfunction:
Try cleaning or check that the button is working fine, If not, contact warranty provider.
5. Contact Beats Support
If none of the above methods work, you may need to contact Beats Support for further assistance.
In conclusion, if your Beats Solo 3 headphones fail to turn on, you should first ensure that they are properly charged. If that doesn’t work, try resetting them, updating their firmware, or performing a factory reset.
If all else fails, contact Beats Support.