In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons why jabra earbuds not charging in case, how to troubleshoot the issue, and some tips for maintaining the earbuds and charging case.
Jabra earbuds are a popular choice for wireless earbuds, but sometimes users may encounter an issue where the earbuds are not charging in the case.
This can be frustrating, as it means that the earbuds won’t be available when you need them. However, this issue is not uncommon and can be resolved with a few simple steps.
Jabra Earbuds and Charging Case Overview:
Before we dive into troubleshooting the issue of Jabra earbuds not charging in case, let’s take a quick overview of the Jabra earbuds and charging case.
Jabra earbuds are wireless earbuds that come with a charging case.
The earbuds are charged by placing them in the charging case.
The case itself is charged by connecting it to a power source using a USB cable.
The charging case can also be used to store the earbuds when not in use.
Common Issues with Jabra Earbuds Not Charging in Case:
There are several reasons why Jabra earbuds may not charge in the case. These include:
- The charging case is not charged
- The charging contacts on the earbuds or the case are dirty or obstructed
- The earbuds need to be reset
- The firmware on the earbuds or the charging case needs to be updated
- The earbuds or charging case is defective
If your Jabra earbuds are not charging in the case, here are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow:
1: Ensure the Charging Case is Charged:
The first step is to ensure that the charging case itself is charged.
Connect the charging case to a power source using the USB cable and make sure that the LED lights on the case indicate that it is charging.
Once the charging case is fully charged, try placing the earbuds in the case again to see if they charge.
2: Clean the Charging Contacts:
If the charging case is fully charged and the earbuds are still not charging, the next step is to clean the charging contacts on the earbuds and the case.
Use a clean, dry, and soft cloth to gently wipe the charging contacts on both the earbuds and the case.
Make sure that the contacts are free from any debris or obstruction.
3: Reset the Earbuds:
If cleaning the charging contacts doesn’t resolve the issue, try resetting the earbuds.
To reset the earbuds, place them in the charging case and make sure that the case is charged.
Once the earbuds are in the case, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED lights on the earbuds start flashing.
This will reset the earbuds.
4: Update the Firmware:
If resetting the earbuds doesn’t work, check if there is a firmware update available for the earbuds or the charging case.
You can check for updates using the Jabra app or by visiting the Jabra website.
If an update is available, follow the instructions to update the firmware.
5: Contact Jabra Support for Further Assistance:
If none of the above steps work, it’s possible that the earbuds or charging case is defective. In this case, you should contact Jabra support for further assistance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Troubleshoot Jabra Earbuds Not Charging in Case:
Here is a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot Jabra earbuds not charging in case:
- Check that the charging case is charged and the LED lights indicate that it is charging.
- If the case is charged, clean the charging contacts on the earbuds and the case using a clean, dry, and soft cloth.
- If cleaning the contacts doesn’t work, reset the earbuds by placing them in the charging case and pressing and holding the button on the back of the case until the LED lights on the earbuds start flashing.
- Check for firmware updates for the earbuds or charging case using the Jabra app or website and update if necessary.
- If none of these steps work, contact Jabra support for further assistance.
Tips for Maintaining Jabra Earbuds and Charging Case:
Here are some tips for maintaining Jabra earbuds and charging case:
- Clean the charging contacts regularly to prevent any obstruction or debris buildup.
- Avoid exposing the earbuds or charging case to extreme temperatures or moisture.
- Store the earbuds in the charging case when not in use to protect them from damage.
- Use the Jabra app to check for firmware updates regularly.
- Use only the USB cable provided with the earbuds to charge the case.
Jabra earbuds not charging in case can be a frustrating issue, but it can be resolved with some simple troubleshooting steps. Make sure that the charging case is charged, clean the charging contacts on the earbuds and the case, reset the earbuds, and update the firmware if necessary.
If none of these steps work, contact Jabra support for further assistance. By following these tips and maintaining your Jabra earbuds and charging case, you can ensure that they work properly and last longer.