JBL Tune 125 TWS earbuds are a popular choice for music enthusiasts who want a wireless and hassle-free listening experience. However, even the best earbuds can sometimes malfunction, and one common issue is jbl tune 125 tws left earbud not working with it there are various other jbl tune 125 tws problems, like not turning On, No sound, touch control problems, not charging and noice cancelling. Here we will try to fix jbl tune 125tws issues.
Let’s see the solution for jbl tune 125 tws not working.
First Thing First:
Early Problem: If you’ve recently purchased your JBL Tune 125 TWS and are encountering issues such as difficulty in powering on, charging problems, absence of sound from one earbud, or non-responsive touch controls, it is likely that there is a manufacturing defect. In such a case, it is advisable to return your JBL Tune 125 TWS and request a refund. Alternatively, you can also explore the warranty option, wherein they will provide a replacement for the defective unit.
JBL Tune 125 TWS earbuds have life span of only 1 year and 6 months (which Is greater then JBL Tune 120 TWS) and they will start causing issues (which is Common in technological devices) on average of 1year and 5 more months.
If you’ve enjoyed 1 years and 3 months of use with your JBL Tune 125 TWS earbuds, you’ve been lucky to have a good experience with them. Nevertheless, it’s worth emphasizing that trying standard repairs at this point might not provide a long-term solution.
In reality, there’s a chance that you’ll face reoccurring problems, even if you succeed in addressing them temporarily. Hence, it’s a prudent choice to conserve both your finances and time by opting to purchase a new set of headphones or earbuds.
Causes of JBL Tune 125 TWS Earbud Not Working:
Before we jump into the solutions, let’s understand the possible causes of this problem. Here are some of the reasons why your JBL Tune 125 TWS left earbud might not be working:
- Loose Connections: The left earbud may not be working due to a loose connection. This can happen if the earbud is not properly placed in the charging case or if the charging pins are dirty.
- Dirt and Debris: Dirt and debris can accumulate on the earbuds and cause connectivity issues. This can affect the touch controls and Bluetooth pairing of the earbuds.
- Battery Issues: If the battery of the left earbud is depleted, it may not work. This can happen if the earbud is not charged or if the battery is damaged.
- Firmware Issues: If the firmware of the JBL Tune 125 TWS earbuds is outdated or corrupted, it can cause problems with the left earbud.
Quick Fixes Must Try:
Apply these fixes for various JBL 125 TWS problems. Firstly, ensure the earbud is charged. If not, charge the earbuds for at least 2 hours before proceeding with troubleshooting steps.
Try resetting the earbuds with the following steps:
- Take both earbuds out of the charging case and place them on a flat surface.
- On the right earbud, quickly tap the touch sensor twice, then press and hold it for five seconds until you hear a beep.
- Both earbuds will flash red and then turn off.
- Place both earbuds back into the charging case for at least 15 seconds.
- Take the earbuds out of the case, and they will be reset to the factory default settings.
- Resetting erases all paired devices, so reconnect them.
- Audio files and settings are not affected by the reset.
2. Update the Software:
JBL Tune 125 TWS Problems (5 Fixed)
Here we have solved all these problems; noise cancelation not working, charging and not pairing.
Now that we’ve identified the possible causes of the problem, let’s look at how to fix it. We’ll start by addressing charging problems, followed by pairing and touch control issues.
1. Not Turning On and Sound Issues:
Experiencing difficulties with the jbl tune 125 tws not turning or lacking sound in either the left or right earbud is typically linked to issues related to charging or occasional technical glitches. If you are confident that the earbuds are adequately charged, the problem may lie in technical malfunctions.
For Powering On Issues: If there is no indication of a blinking light on your jbl tune 125 tws earbud, place them in the charging case, connect the charger, keep it for just 1 or 2 seconds, and then remove the earbuds. Check if they have powered on. If not, attempt manual activation. If manual activation fails, there may be an issue with the battery; refer to the instructions below for addressing battery problems.
For Sound Issues: If you encounter sound problems with the right earbud of your jbl tune 125 tws, address the issue by removing the plastic bud. Proceed to gently suck on the metal part, and then wipe it clean. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times, as it often proves effective in resolving sound-related concerns.
2. Charging Problems:
Kindly be aware that the battery within these earbuds, similar to the batteries in your smartphone, is a lithium battery with an estimated lifespan of approximately two years. Once this timeframe is surpassed, the battery cells may undergo diminished capacity, impacting their capability to retain a complete charge. If you encounter this concern, it could be prudent to contemplate obtaining new earbuds.
Encountering issues with the jbl tune 125 not charging is another prevalent concern. Initially, place the earbud in the charging case after cleaning the charging points. Ensure the charging case is connected to a power source, and gently press the earbuds for three minutes; this often resolves the charging problem.
If you successfully address your earbuds' charging issue using this method and prefer not to manually hold the earbud, consider the following alternative:
- Place a paper over the earbuds.
- Close the lid of the charging case.
- Securely tighten it using a rubber band.
Below are troubleshooting tips for jbl tune 125 tws battery problem like, jbl 125 tws battery draining fast:
- Disable unnecessary features: Turn off features like active noise cancellation and ambient sound awareness to conserve battery life.
- Check the charging cable and port: Ensure the charging cable is undamaged, and the charging port on the earbud is clean and free from dirt or debris.
- Use a high-quality power adapter: When charging, use a reputable power adapter to ensure a full charge without damaging the battery. Ordinary adapters may fully charge earbuds but lack sustainability over the long term.
- Use a high-quality charging cable: Avoid using low-quality charging cables, as they can cause issues such as longer charging times or the earbuds not charging at all.
- Avoid overcharging: Overcharging the earbuds can damage the battery and reduce its lifespan.
- Allow the earbuds to cool down: If the earbuds are overheated, they may not charge correctly. Let them cool down before attempting to charge.
- Contact JBL support: If the troubleshooting steps above prove ineffective, reach out to JBL customer support for further assistance.
3. Pairing Problems:
Encountering pairing issues is another concern that users of jbl 125 tws earbuds may face. Below are the steps to troubleshoot and resolve jbl 125 tws not pairing problem.
Initially, attempt to resolve the issue by updating and resetting your earbuds. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, proceed to examine the compatibility of your jbl 125 tws, as connectivity problems may stem from compatibility issues.
If your left earbud is encountering connection challenges, such as failing to power on when taken out of the case, follow these trial-and-error tips:
- Open the JBL app on your smartphone and deactivate the earbuds from the app before removing them from your ears.
- Place the left earbud into the case first, followed by the right one, and then securely close the case.
- Confirm that your phone is not connected to the left earbud or the case. If a connection is detected, restart the process from step 1 until no devices are connected.
- When taking the earbuds out for use, initiate by removing the left earbud.
- Examine the left earbud for a blue or white light upon removal. If no light is observed, return it to the case and repeat the process until the light becomes visible.
4. Touch Control Problems:
Touch problems often arise when the internal parts get damaged by heat up or by water damage. heat damage may cause nay internal wires to melt. In this case the problem will only be fixed by technical help.
There are many Tv repair shops in almost all countries you can contact them they might be able to fix it technically by replacing the parts. If your touch controls are not working because of water in this case you should go for trying following fixes.
Place the Buds in heat: You should place your earbuds in heat were there is low humidity and no risk of rusting. (Note: Don’t place your earbuds in Sunlight because there is a risk of rusting)
Clean the Earbuds: Dirt and debris can accumulate on the earbuds and cause touch control issues. To clean the earbuds, use a soft-bristled brush or a dry cotton swab.
Reset the Earbuds: Resetting the earbuds can also fix touch control issues. To reset the earbuds, place them in the charging case and hold the button on the back of the case for 10 seconds.
Check Touch Control Settings: Make sure that the touch control settings on your device are set correctly. Follow the instructions in the JBL Tune 125 TWS user manual to adjust the touch control settings.
Here are some additional suggestions to extend the battery life of your jbl 125 earbuds:
- Store them in the charging case when not in use: Keeping them in the case ensures they remain charged and ready for use.
- Avoid extreme weather conditions: Using the earbuds in excessively hot or cold environments can adversely affect the battery, so aim for moderate temperatures.
- Regularly clean them: Dust and dirt on the charging contacts can hinder a good connection and deplete the battery. Regular cleaning is advisable.
5. Issues with Noise Cancellation:
If the Jbl tune 125 tws noise cancelling not working, follow these troubleshooting steps to address the problem.
For optimal ANC performance, it is advised to maintain the cleanliness of the earbuds. If the IR sensors become covered with any form of dirt, it can compromise the effectiveness of Active Noise Cancellation, potentially leading to suboptimal outcomes and affecting your ability to fully enjoy your music.
Additionally, you can attempt to resolve the issue by updating and resetting your earbuds as explained earlier. This approach is often effective in resolving noise-canceling problems in various earbuds that come equipped with app controls.
In conclusion, the JBL Tune 125 TWS left earbud not working can be caused by loose connections, dirt and debris, battery issues, and firmware issues. The solutions for this problem depend on the cause, and they include checking charging cables and adapters, cleaning the charging port, resetting the earbuds, replacing the battery, re-pairing the earbuds, updating device software, checking Bluetooth settings, removing interference, cleaning the earbuds, and adjusting touch control settings.
If none of these steps work, contact JBL customer service for further assistance.