Skullcandy push active not charging; due to a dirty charging port, a fault in the battery, an incompatible charger, a damaged/poor charging wire, and others. In this article, we will discuss them and give practical and instant fixes or solutions.
Why skullcandy push active not charging:
1. You didn’t reset them:
They require manual reset for every 3 months, however, they can be reset by simply placing them in thier case.
If the earbuds are still not charging, try resetting them to their factory settings. Here is how to factory reset Skullcandy Push Earbuds:
1. Turn off your Skullcandy Push earbuds and ensure that they are not connected to any device.
2. Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for 10 seconds. You will hear a tone indicating that the earbuds have been turned off.
3. Quickly double-press the buttons on both earbuds. You will hear a tone indicating that the earbuds are now in pairing mode.
4. Press and hold the buttons on both earbuds for 6 seconds. You will hear a tone indicating that the earbuds have been reset to factory settings.
5. Once the earbuds have been reset, they will turn off automatically.
This will wipe out all data and settings from the earbuds, and you will need to pair them again with your device.
2. Dirty Charging Port:
One of the lesser-known reasons for Skullcandy Push Active earbuds not charging issue is a dirty charging port.
If the charging port of your earbuds is filled with dirt, dust, or debris, it can prevent the charging cable from making a proper connection.
You can clean the charging port of your earbuds using a dry and soft-bristled brush or a toothpick. Be gentle while cleaning to avoid damaging the port.
3. Faulty Battery:
Another possible cause of the Skullcandy Push Active earbuds not charging issue is a faulty battery.
If your earbuds' battery has a manufacturing defect, it may not hold a charge or may not charge at all.
If you suspect that the battery is faulty, contact the Skullcandy support team and get it replaced under warranty.
4. Damaged Charging Port:
Another reason why the earbuds may not be charging is due to a damaged charging port.
Over time, the charging port may get damaged due to wear and tear or accidental drops, which may prevent the earbuds from charging.
If the charging cable or adapter is the issue, try using a different one.
It is recommended to use the original charging cable and adapter that comes with the earbuds, as using a third-party charger may damage the earbuds.
5. Defective Charging Cable:
A defective charging cable can also be the reason why Skullcandy Push Active earbuds are not charging.
If the cable is damaged or has a loose connection, it may not provide the necessary power to charge the earbuds.
Try buying a new cable.
6. Incompatible Charger:
Using an incompatible charger or charging cable can also cause the Skullcandy Push Active earbuds not charging issue.
Make sure to use the charger and charging cable that came with your earbuds.
As per the Skullcandy support website, it is advised to utilize a cable, charger, or outlet with a power output not exceeding 18-Watt (5 Volts/3.6amps) while charging the Skullcandy Push earbuds.
7. Didn’t updated:
Try updating them so that their in-built system direct charge to the battery
Update the software by following steps:
- Download and install the Skullcandy App on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Turn on your Skullcandy Push earbuds and ensure that they are paired with your mobile device.
- Open the Skullcandy App on your mobile device and select your earbuds from the list of available devices.
- If an update is available, you will see a notification to update your earbuds. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your earbuds.
- During the update process, make sure that your earbuds are in the charging case and connected to a power source.
- Once the update is complete, your earbuds will automatically restart and pair with your mobile device.
Note: Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the internet during the update process.
Also, it is recommended to keep your earbuds charged before initiating the update process to avoid any interruptions
8. Internal circuit problem:
Maybe a circuit of the charging case or earbuds are damaged or malfunction.
If you have tried all of the above solutions and won’t work then it is sure that the earbuds have some circuit problem, in this case, you need to contact skullcandy customer support to repair them.
Tips for Maintaining the Battery Life of Skullcandy Push Active Earbuds:
Proper Storage and Usage: Proper storage and usage of earbuds can significantly increase their battery life. Always store the earbuds in their case and avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures or moisture.
Avoiding Extreme Temperatures: High or low temperatures can adversely affect the battery life of earbuds. It is recommended to use the earbuds in a temperature range of 0 to 45 degrees Celsius.
Regular Cleaning and Maintenance: Regular cleaning and maintenance of earbuds can prevent any dirt or debris from accumulating in the charging port, which may affect the charging performance.
Using the Earbuds at the Appropriate Volume Level: Using the earbuds at a high volume level can drain the battery quickly. It is recommended to use them at a moderate volume level to conserve battery life.
Skullcandy Push Active earbuds are a popular choice among music lovers, but the not charging issue can be frustrating.
By following the troubleshooting tips outlined in this article, you can resolve the issue and get back to enjoying